Planning foods when pregnant can take a bit more idea, as your body requires extra energy and nutrients. With a few simple meal planning, getting the nutrition you need every day is easy. Full of many veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins, this strategy provides the nutrition you need in a tasty and exciting manner. The recipes meet Healthy Pregnancy nourishment parameters, meaning they deliver healthful nutrients moms-to-be want more of and they do not have any off-limits foods such as alcohol or unpasteurized cheese.
This meal strategy is based on a 2, 900 calorie diet, but you may want more or fewer calories dependant upon your distinctive nourishment needs.
Engage with a dietitian and your doctor to change this plan:
– 1 serving Peanut Butter Strawberry Kale Smoothie and 1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed
– 2 slices whole wheat bread
– 1/2 avocado, mashed
– Toast the bread and top with mashed avocado.
Season with just a pinch of pepper, and when desired, a dab of hot sauce.
– 1 banana
– 1 Tbsp. Peanut butter
– English Muffin Pesto Pizza
– 1 whole wheat English muffin
– 1/2 cup no salt added white beans, mashed
– 2 Tbsp. Pesto – chopped, 1 cup baby spinach
– 2 slices – 6 Tbsp. Shredded whole milk mozzarella
– Split English muffin in half.
Spread pesto evenly over every half. Top each half with spinach, tomato, and cheese. Broil in oven until cheese is melted, about 3-five minutes
– 1 medium apple
– 10 roasted unsalted almonds
– Whole Wheat Waffle Snack
– two whole wheat pods
– 1/2 cup of low-fat Greek yogurt, divided
– 4 Tbsp. Honey, divided
– 1 cup sliced garden strawberry
– Toast waffles then top with yogurt and drizzle with honey.
Top with sliced strawberries.
– 1/2 cups Summer Vegetable tortilla chicken pie
– 2 1/2 cups spinach, chopped
– Serve casserole with a side of the spinach, dressed with 2 Tbsp. Olive oil and 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar.
Daily Total: 2, 894 calories, 112 grams protein, 56 grams fiber, 679 mcg folic acid, 20 mg iron, 1, 776 mg calcium, 2, 418 mg sodium
Please Note: This meal strategy is controlled for calories, protein, folic acid, fiber, iron, calcium, and sodium.